[ We've all been there and with the new year upon us, many of you are needing the motivation to get back out there and make great music ]
With that said here are five tips to help keep you motivated to create music
- First the foundation - Set specific, achievable goals for yourself, such as completing a new song or learning a new skill. Having a clear objective can help keep you focused and motivated to see your project through to the end.
- We all have busy lives but music - music is important to you. Make time for music-making every day, even if it's just for a few minutes. Consistency can help keep your creative juices flowing and original thought processes alive.
- Surround yourself with other musicians and artists. In this day and age, there really is no limit to collaboration online. Collaborating with others and being part of a creative community can help inspire and motivate you.
- Creative burn-out is a thing. So take breaks when you need them - it's your judgement call when the time is right. It's important to rest and recharge so that you can come back to your music with fresh energy and ideas.
- If there's nothing else you take away from this article, take this point away. Celebrate your accomplishments, no matter how small. Recognizing your progress can help keep you motivated and encourage you to keep on going.
Happy New Year to you all!